Key Technologies & Key Features
The Univerisity of Sydney has chosen Daris as the solution software. The sofware sits on MediaFlux's server and provides functions required by University of Sydney researchers.
The key functions required that Daris will be able to produces are:
- Storage of MRI data
- Storage of Neuropsychological data
- Enable uses to manage access to specific data sets
- Enable users to describe research data collections
- Enable users to query the systems research data collection
- Enable users to download research data
- Enable the visualisation of research data
- Make available RIF-CS 1.4 metadata available for harvesting via OAI-PMH.
- Enable the creation of output collections
The solution components are broken down into the following:
- Access control for authentication and authorization purposes.
- Admin functionality is controlled by roles based permissions. Functional permissions management is a permissions controlled function that allows users to grant and revoke data access and to manage user roles.
- Other function is to implement business functions. For example building form that allows users to add and update Nuerophsycohological data.
- Reporting is a permissions controlled function that packages, compresses and makes datasets available for download by authenticated users.
- File system storage will store the pre-processed data and its extended information like index.
- Relational database will be use for system management configuration or user management information only.
- Email Connector is the components that send appropriate emails to application users.
- The OAI harvester makes RIF-CS 1.4 compliant metadata records .xml files public available for harvest Research Data Australia is a RIF-CS 1.4 .xml harvester.
- WASM connector is to integrate with the University of Sydney authentication system
The BMRI solution consists of the components listed below and its integration purpose:
- WASM provides authentication of users and provides basic user information for tracking relations between parties (users) and collections (datasets). Actual relation ship types are tracked through the BMRI Application.
- Research Data Australia connects to the BMRI JOAI harvester via OAI-PMH protocol to ingest updated information from the BMRI harvest point.